I'm online people......hello? hell-o?
So I am joining the blogging world- kinda surprising for a girl who gets the time to blow dry her hair twice a week (in a good week). Why? Because I love to write and I suck at staying in touch with people....even my family. Being that I will be a "pastor's wife" in approximately seven months this is the first act of admittance that I will most likely never live near any of the individuals that would be on my top 10 list. Also because I feel old...and this is a remedy of sorts. Funny thing, I'm writing completely blind of the audience who will read this.
John 3 -
So I was really hung up on this "born again" verse. I despise the arrogant hint of those words and the regret of my inability to agree with a well-known verse in the bible. Born again.... like I'm the chosen lucky one, in the special in-crowd Christian group. It leaves an irritating ringing in my ears and makes me feel unapproachable. I'd prefer to say "yea, I'm religious"-which doesn't explain that God is the biggest part of my heart and life. I don't feel born again, although I know that I make my decisions based on a different set of truths than the large part of the world. This is how it was for me my whole life...being born the first time into a family of "born-againers". I can't even begin to put myself in the shoes of an unbeliever facing those words "are you born again".
I like to be different and to do the unexpected; yet I have a love/hate relationship regarding the spontaneity of God....and the way the spirit moves in my life is definitely more like a hurricane than the wind.
I've never had difficulty talking about my faith -I was the Kindergartener in a public school making all eight of the kids around my lunch table pray before eating every day. Yet facing the unchosen role included in being Bryant's wife is becoming a clear reality for me (something which is usually the butt of sarcastic humor).... with the title of pastor's wife can come unexpected blessings.
So this week I realized that perhaps God allows others to be born again....the converted Christian who has a major lifestyle change as an adult or the lamb who strayed from the rest of the flock.
I was blessed this week to be asked by a co-worker if she could come to bible study and church with me. So for her, "born again" could be a celebratory descriptor.
I was blessed by a friend's response to "are you born again".....a simple "Jesus is my Lord and Savior".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment